Role title: English-French Translation Volunteer
Dates: August – December 2019
Availability: flexible working hours
About RightsTech Women:
RightsTech Women is a nonprofit association based in Geneva. Our mission is to advance the human rights of women and girls in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). We are currently looking for an Advocacy Volunteer (multiple positions available).
Tasks of the Translation Volunteer:
- Translating RightsTech Women’s documents from English into French and vice versa
- Other tasks depending on the needs of the organization
Prerequisites and competencies required:
- French mother tongue
- Fluent in English, other languages are a big plus
- Basic interest in human rights and gender equality.
- In possession of, or in process of obtaining, a university degree, ideally in language translation, but other degrees considered
- Age: 18+
- Present in the Geneva area and able to come occasionally to Geneva for meetings (this is not a remote working volunteer position)
- must have her or his own laptop and be able to use it for work; and
- must have a functioning Internet connection through which to communicate with the team.
- must already be present in Geneva, in possession of a B or C valid work permit for the duration of the volunteer position; and,
- must already have their own valid Swiss health insurance for the duration of the volunteer position.
- Send your letter of motivation and CV to Sabrya Hamidi, Volunteer Coordinator, at: email@example.com, no later than 30 July 2019.
- Please indicate “Translation Volunteer” as the subject title of your email.
- Interviews will take place in early September. Please include in your email a few dates and times during the first week of September when you could be available to interview.
- Please don’t forget to copy and paste the following statement at the end of your email:
As the Data Subject, I hereby give my consent to RightsTech Women as a controller of personal data in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) and Article 7 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing of Directive 95/46/ES (General Data Protection Regulation) my free and unequivocal consent with the processing of my personal data for the purpose of recruitment process.
If I am a RTW Volunteer, I also agree to let RTW know of any changes in my employment status while I am a volunteer, so as to avoid any conflict of interest.
Without it, we won’t be able to process your application.
RightsTech Women will not use your data for any other purpose besides recruiting and working with volunteers.
RightsTech Women is an equal opportunity organization. Recognizing the value that diversity adds, we actively work to build a diverse team.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Find RightsTech Women online: