Role title: Translation Volunteers: English-French, English-German, or French-German
Availability: flexible working hours and available for four months
About RightsTech Women:
RightsTech Women is a nonprofit association based in Geneva. Its mission is to advance the human rights of women and girls in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Tasks of the Translation Volunteer:
- Translating documents between any two of the three languages: English, French and German
- Tracking translation requests and status
- Other tasks depending on the needs of the organization
Prerequisites and competencies required:
- Able to translate from English to German or English to French
- Fluent to the level of a native speaker in at least one target language (French or German)
- Has a basic interest in human rights and gender equality.
- In possession of, or in process of obtaining, a university degree, ideally in language translation, but other degrees can be considered
- Age: 18+
- must have her or his own laptop and be able to use it for work; and
- must have a functioning Internet connection through which to communicate with the team.
- if present in Geneva, must be in possession of Swiss nationality or a B or C valid work permit for the duration of the volunteer position; and must already have their own valid Swiss health insurance for the duration of the volunteer position.
- Bilingual French-English or German-English speakers, who have available time to dedicate and who are interested in translating remotely are also welcome to apply.
- Send your letter of motivation and CV to email@example.com.
- Please indicate “Translation Volunteer” as the subject title of your email.
- Please include in your email a few dates and times during upcoming weeks when you could be available to interview.
- Please copy and paste the following statement at the end of your email:
As the Data Subject, I hereby give my consent to RightsTech Women as a controller of personal data in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) and Article 7 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing of Directive 95/46/ES (General Data Protection Regulation) my free and unequivocal consent with the processing of my personal data for the purpose of recruitment process.
If I am a RTW Volunteer, I also agree to let RTW know of any changes in my employment status while I am a volunteer, so as to avoid any conflict of interest.
Without it, we won’t be able to process your application.
RightsTech Women will not use your data for any other purpose besides recruiting and working with volunteers.
RightsTech Women is an equal opportunity organization. Recognizing the value that diversity adds, we actively work to build a diverse team.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Find RightsTech Women online: