Role title: Graphic Design Volunteer
Dates: October-December 2018
Availability: 10 hours/week, flexible working hours
About RightsTech Women:
RightsTech Women is a nonprofit association based in Geneva. Our mission is to advance the human rights of women and girls in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). We are currently looking for an Advocacy Volunteer (multiple positions available).
Tasks of the Graphic Design Volunteer:
- Design visual content for marketing, branding and social media campaigns, for print and online, including social media graphics, blog posts illustrations, posters, flyers, templates and other visual materials.
- Work closely with the leadership and marketing teams.
- Support the marketing team with work on the RTW website and improve its visual part (fonts, stock photos, banners, etc.
Prerequisites and competencies required:
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or their alternatives,
- Familiarity with WordPress is a big plus,
- Familiarity with relevant file formats and electronic and print publishing requirements,
- Excellent attention to details,
- Basic interest in technology and human rights,
- Good client relation skills,
- Has a creative and energetic design sensibility,
- Fluent in English,
- Age: 18+.
- must have her or his own laptop and relevant software and be able to use it for work; must have a functioning Internet connection through which to communicate with the team.
- must already be present in Geneva, in possession of a Swiss residence permit valid for the duration of the volunteer position; and,
- must already have their own valid Swiss health insurance for the duration of the volunteer position.
- Send your letter of motivation and CV to Natalia Diemegard, VolunteerCoordinator, at: email@example.com, no later than 30 August 2018.
- Please indicate “Advocacy Volunteer” as the subject title of your email.
- Interviews will take place in early September. Please include in your email a few dates and times during the first week of September when you could be available to interview.
- Please don’t forget to copy and paste the following statement at the end of your email:
As the Data Subject, I hereby give my consent to RightsTech Women as a controller of personal data in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) and Article 7 of the Regulation(EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing of Directive 95/46/ES (General Data Protection Regulation) my free and unequivocal consent with the processing of my personal data for the purpose of recruitment process. If I am an RTW Volunteer, I also agree to let RTW know of any changes in my employment status while I am a volunteer, so as to avoid any conflict of interest.
Without it, we won’t be able to process your application. RightsTech Women will not use your data for any other purpose besides recruiting and working with volunteers. RightsTech Women is an equal opportunity organization. Recognizing the value that diversity adds, we actively work to build a diverse team.
We look forward to hearing from you!