Role title: Office Administration Volunteer
Availability: 20 hours/week for 3 months, flexible working hours
About RightsTech Women:
RightsTech Women is a nonprofit association based in Geneva. Our mission is to advance the human rights of women and girls in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). We are currently looking for an Office Administration Volunteer.
Tasks of the Office Administration Volunteer:
- Coordinate and recruit volunteers,
- Collect and update contact information from stakeholders, donors, partners, subscribers, and any other people who are in touch with RightsTech Women.
- Edit documents in English and French,
- Stay up-to-date with relevant meetups and events in Geneva area (topics: women empowerment, human rights, tech conferences, meetups for women in tech, etc.) and add them to the shared calendar,
- Schedule meetings, calls and appointments,
- Help in organizing events,
- Helps with other administrative tasks as needed.
Prerequisites and competencies required:
- Diligence and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with Ms/LibreOffice, Google Docs and other relevant online tools,
- Fluent in English and French,
- Prior experience in a Geneva-based NGO/non-profit is not mandatory, but nice to have.
- Age: 18+
- must have her or his own laptop and be able to use it for work; and
- must have a functioning Internet connection through which to communicate with the team.
- must already be present in Geneva, in possession of a Swiss residence permit valid for the duration of the volunteer position; and,
- must already have her or his own valid Swiss health insurance for the duration of the volunteer position.
Send your letter of motivation and CV to: email@example.com, indicating ‘Office Administration Volunteer” as the subject title of your email.
Please don’t forget to copy and paste the following statement in your email:
As the Data Subject, I hereby give my consent to RightsTech Women as the controller of personal data in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) and Article 7 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing of Directive 95/46/ES (General Data Protection Regulation) my free and unequivocal consent with the processing of my personal data for the purpose of recruitment process.
If I am a RTW Volunteer, I also agree to let RTW know of any changes in my employment status while I am a volunteer, so as to avoid any conflict of interest.
Without it, we won’t be able to process your application.
RightsTech Women will not use your data for any other purpose besides recruiting and working with volunteers.
RightsTech Women is an equal opportunity organization. Recognizing the value that diversity adds, we actively work to build a diverse team.