Role title: Web Developer (FR-EN)
Dates: ongoing, 2019
Availability: 16 hours/week, flexible working hours
About RightsTech Women:
RightsTech Women is a nonprofit association based in Geneva. Its mission is to advance the human rights of women and girls in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). RTW currently seeks a Web Developer (FR-EN).
Tasks of the Web Developer (FR-EN) Volunteer:
- Provide web development services for bilingual (FR-EN) website
- Coordinate with RTW team to plan, organize, build and publish RTW’s website
- Coordinate with marketing to view, report and improve website use statistics and other performance indicators
- Implement relevant data privacy standards
- Help with other web development tasks as needed.
Prerequisites and competencies required:
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with web services
- Strong grasp of security principles
- Experience in developing EN-FR bilingual websites
- Fluent in English and French with excellent communication and writing skills in both
- Good team and client communication skills
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Experience with Drupal a positive, but not required
- Age: 18+
- Must have her or his own laptop and be able to use it for work; and
- Must have a functioning Internet connection through which to communicate with the team.
- Must already be present in Geneva, in possession of a Swiss B or C working permit valid for the duration of the volunteer position; and,
- Must already have their own valid Swiss health insurance for the duration of the volunteer position.
Send your letter of motivation and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Web Developer (FR-EN)” as the subject title of your email.
Please don’t forget to copy and paste the following statement in your email:
As the Data Subject, I hereby give my consent to RightsTech Women as a controller of personal data in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) and Article 7 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing of Directive 95/46/ES (General Data Protection Regulation) my free and unequivocal consent with the processing of my personal data for the purpose of recruitment process.
If I am a RTW Volunteer, I also agree to let RTW know of any changes in my employment status while I am a volunteer, so as to avoid any conflict of interest.
Without it, RTW will not be able to process your application.
RightsTech Women will not use your data for any other purpose besides recruiting and working with volunteers.
RightsTech Women is an equal opportunity organization. Recognizing the value that diversity adds, it actively works to build a diverse team.