Role title: Volunteer Coordinator
Dates: April – July 2019
Availability: 20 hours/week, flexible working hours
About RightsTech Women:
RightsTech Women is a nonprofit association based in Geneva. Its mission is to advance the human rights of women and girls in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). RTW currently seeks a Volunteer Coordinator.
Tasks of the Volunteer Coordinator:
- Collect and update contact information from stakeholders, donors, partners, subscribers, and any other people who are in touch with RightsTech Women.
- Edit documents in English and French,
- Coordinate and recruit volunteers,
- Stay up-to-date with relevant meetups and events in Geneva area (topics: women empowerment, human rights, tech conferences, meetups for women in tech, etc.)
- Schedule meetings, calls and appointments,
- Help in organizing events,
- Help with other administrative tasks as needed.
Prerequisites and competencies required:
- Diligence and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and French.
- Familiarity with Ms/LibreOffice, Google Docs and other relevant online tools,
- Fluent in English and French,
- Prior experience in a Geneva-based NGO/non-profit is not mandatory, but nice to have.
- Age: 18+
- Must have her or his own laptop and be able to use it for work; and
- must have a functioning Internet connection through which to communicate with the team.
- must already be present in Geneva, in possession of a Swiss B or C working permit valid for the duration of the volunteer position; and,
- must already have their own valid Swiss health insurance for the duration of the volunteer position.
Send your letter of motivation and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Volunteer Coordinator” as the subject title of your email.
Please don’t forget to copy and paste the following statement in your email:
As the Data Subject, I hereby give my consent to RightsTech Women as a controller of personal data in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) and Article 7 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing of Directive 95/46/ES (General Data Protection Regulation) my free and unequivocal consent with the processing of my personal data for the purpose of recruitment process.
If I am a RTW Volunteer, I also agree to let RTW know of any changes in my employment status while I am a volunteer, so as to avoid any conflict of interest.
Without it, RTW will not be able to process your application.
RightsTech Women will not use your data for any other purpose besides recruiting and working with volunteers.
RightsTech Women is an equal opportunity organization. Recognizing the value that diversity adds, it actively works to build a diverse team.