Role title: Communication and Public Relations Volunteer
Dates: July – September 2019
Availability: 20 hours/week, flexible working hours
About RightsTech Women:
RightsTech Women is a nonprofit association based in Geneva. Its mission is to advance the human rights of women and girls in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). RTW is currently looking for a Communication and Public Relations Volunteer.
Tasks of the Communication and Public Relations Volunteer:
- does corporate and advocacy communication and public relations tasks
- drafts meeting and event reports
- manages and updates contact lists
- assists with other tasks as needed.
Prerequisites and competencies required:
- strong previous experience in communications and/or public relations
- degree in Communication, Social Sciences, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution
- fluent in spoken and written English and French
- excellent communication skills
- completes assignments on time and communicates questions
- is able to work well in a team and independently when required
- is enthusiastic and motivated, committed to quality work and to good team outcomes.
- must have her or his own laptop and be able to use it for work; and
- must have a functioning Internet connection through which to communicate with the team.
- must already be present in Geneva, in possession of a B or C Swiss residence permit valid for the duration of the volunteer position; and,
- must already have their own valid Swiss health insurance for the duration of the volunteer position.
- Send your letter of motivation and CV to Sabrya Hamidi, Volunteer Coordinator, at: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 30 June 2019.
- Please indicate “Communication and Public relations Volunteer” as the subject title of your email.
- Please don’t forget to copy and paste the following statement at the end of your email:
As the Data Subject, I hereby give my consent to RightsTech Women as a controller of personal data in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) and Article 7 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing of Directive 95/46/ES (General Data Protection Regulation) my free and unequivocal consent with the processing of my personal data for the purpose of recruitment process.
If I am a RTW Volunteer, I also agree to let RTW know of any changes in my employment status while I am a volunteer, so as to avoid any conflict of interest.
Without it, RTW won’t be able to process your application.
RightsTech Women will not use your data for any other purpose besides recruiting and working with volunteers.
RightsTech Women is an equal opportunity organization. Recognizing the value that diversity adds, RTW actively works to build a diverse team.
We look forward to hearing from you!