Make a difference for gender equality with our innovative nonprofit
RightsTech Women (RTW) is a dynamic and growing international non-profit human rights organization based in Geneva. It advances the human rights of women and girls in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) through research, advocacy, innovation and networking. RightsTech Women is now looking to enlarge its board for the coming very exciting two years ahead. Appreciative of the value that diversity adds, RightsTech Women aims to have a diverse and balanced committee setup with members from different professional fields and backgrounds.
- The Committee ensures that RTW’s Statutes are applied and administers RTW’s assets.
- It provides helpful advice and guidance on achieving the organization’s mission and goals.
- It supports RTW’s organizational development by helping to identify and follow up funding and partnership opportunities.
- Committee members are active in the organization’s recruitment and staffing.
- As available, Committee members help to promote RTW and its resources among relevant stakeholders.
- They help RTW to make links between STEM and human rights fields, for the mutual benefit of both.
- Accountability, integrity and high ethical standards
- Strategic vision and thinking
- Cultural awareness
Required skills and competencies
- Institutional development
- Strategic planning
- Revenue generation and growth: nonprofit fundraising, academic grant writing, or corporate business development / sales
- Grant application or sales pipeline management
- Service-oriented donor / client relationship management
Desired experience (non-cumulative list)
- Gender equality
- Board membership
- Startups, entrepreneurship
- Finance, legal
- Organizational leadership and human resources
- Project management certification
- The Committee’s activities are carried out on a volunteer basis and only actual expenses and travel costs can be reimbursed.
- The working language of the board is English. Additional language skills are welcome.
- The geographic location of the role is open.
- The Committee currently meets remotely.
- Meetings are on Central Europe time.
- Availability: The Committee meets as often as business requires, currently frequently and minimum once a year. The successful candidate must be able to set aside adequate time to meet Committee responsibilities and be prepared to serve on the Committee for two years.
Mission and vision
To advance the human rights of women and girls in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). RightsTech Women works to achieve gender equitable STEM education and employment by 2030.
About our work
RightsTech Women trains girls and women on STEM skills needed for the jobs of today and tomorrow. At the same time, it trains stakeholders on human rights applicable to girls and women in STEM education and employment. RightsTech Women has so far reached hundreds of participants in its free trainings for girls, women and teachers. RightsTech Women’s impact is a global network of STEM-skilled and informed rights holders and other stakeholders. RightsTech Women has been recognized as a Champion in Category 1 of the 2021 WSIS Prizes and as a Finalist in the 2020 ITU Equals Awards for Leadership in Technology. To learn more about RightsTech Women, visit https://rightstech.org.
If you are interested in joining RightsTech Women’s dedicated Committee, please send your CV and letter of motivation by 15 October 2023 to Ellen Walker at info (at) rightstech.org. In addition to describing how you meet the requirements, please specify your location and time zone in your application.