On 5th October 2019, as a part of the EU Code Week, RightsTech Women is organizing its innovative workshops for girls about robotics, programming, and human rights. All the previous editions were a success, as seen by the smiling faces of participants and supportive words from their parents. Such a fun event would not be possible without help from a dream team of volunteers. We need you to make the October edition even better! You can help us by being a robotics coach or with logistics.
Why is it great to become a coach?
- You’ll make an impact. Our goal is to increase the number of women in STEM fields. Girls who get interested in tech and science at a young age are more likely to continue their studies and career in these fields. We especially encourage women to apply because you’ll be a role model.
- You’ll have fun. Spending a day with a bunch of robots and a group of motivated and cheerful girls is always great. Just check the photos from the previous editions below!
- You’ll learn some programming in a fun way, and this can be motivating for you as well to keep learning and get skills that are useful and in demand in today’s job market.
How to become a coach?
- It’s easy! You don’t need any experience with robots but it’s great if you like technology because you’ll share your passion with the girls. Having a technical background is not necessary, because we’ll organize training sessions before the workshop.
- If you don’t want to be a coach for whatever reasons, you’re also welcome to be a part of the team! We need volunteers who can help with the registration, monitor a room during the workshop, and other admin tasks. We especially welcome people who are super organized and enthusiastic.
- Please apply only if you are absolutely sure you can make it because we need to know we can count on you.
What will you suppose to do as a coach?
- There will be two 3-hour workshops on October 5th in Geneva: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Your task would be to show your team of learners the robot, help the girls learn how it works, and to follow the tutorial with a few funny exercises. We’ll teach you how to do it. The training sessions will be announced soon.
- To apply, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little bit about you, what you do, what you’re interested in, and how can you help (by being a coach or with other tasks). If you have a CV, please send it too. We can only work with volunteers already present in Geneva with a valid Swiss B or C permit and their own valid Swiss health insurance, so please indicate this information in the email. We are looking forward to meeting you in person.